This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through such links may result in The Roaming Pro earning commissions, at no extra cost to you.
COURSE AT A GLANCE
We use a thematic approach in instruction to teach. Our teaching praxis leverages indigenous African methods of storytelling and learning by listening, interacting, repetition and immersion.We place value on building your vocabulary through practice and communication so that you can effortlessly make progress.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 12 hours of tutoring from qualified indigenous tutors
- Each session is a one-hour Zoom session with your designated tutor
- Sessions are flexible to suit your schedule
- Lessons are customized to suit your needs and level
- Assignments, Lesson notes & monthly assessments
- Preview materials sent in advance of the lessons on shared drive
- Q& A session
Languages Available In: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, isiXhosa, Kiswahili, Twi, Setswana, Wolof, Shona, Luganda, Lingala, Hausa, Kimbundu, Amharic, Tigrinya, Chichewa, Tshiluba, Mende, Doula, Pidgin, Kikongo, Runyankole, and more
Tamkara O. Adun is an author, researcher, historian, and African language advocate. She is also the Founder of Ọdúnìfẹ́ History which is an online educational platform that focuses on 3 Core Areas:
- Researching and teaching African history from a decolonized and African-centered perspective.
- Promoting, teaching, and advocating for the preservation of African mother tongues.
- Designing, developing, and revising curricula and educational materials on African history and heritage.
Tamkara has recently authored the top-selling family book ‘Osasu and The Great Wall of The Benin Empire’ which is a historical account of the Great Benin Civilization of West Africa told through the eyes of a young boy living in the empire.
This course is a mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Full payment: $295 EUR. Payment Plan available.
Course is non-refundable.